Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Something Different

Sometimes I get bored with my art and the only way to refresh my mind is to attempt something really different, are you like that too? Well over the last few months while browsing the internet I came across the work of a folk artist named Julie Arkell (Google her name and smile) whose whimsical work made me laugh out loud. Well I can't afford to travel to England to take one of her classes (wish I could) but I have worked with papier mache before and and felt inspired to try my hand at a few creatures of my own!
I am happy to announce that the creative rut I was in has begun to dispel, my hands are finally free of glue and scraps of pages from an old book (it was falling apart) and after I finish up the 5 little people and their homes I can get back to painting with a fresh outlook, whew!

                                                             Biddy and her Butterfly

                                                      Before painting and decorating

                                                        Nellie with her table and chair

                                                      Reverse of one of the "domiciles"

                                                          Close-up of table and chair

                                                                   Close-up of Nellie

Do you enjoy stepping outside your comfort zone creatively? Does it give you fresh eyes once you return to your usual milieu?

Have a wonderful Tuesday whatever you are doing!

Tina xo

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Tina! I think it happens to all creatives from time to time. Trying new colours or experimenting with a different style (play time) usually works for me! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie is so cute and so is her house and furniture. Everything is so delicately made!
    LOVELY CREATIONS!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and studio.
    Wish you for the giveaway!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina, thanks for stopping by! Glad to see you are here again. I absolutely adore your little paper mache people and their homes. Absolutely adorable! You've done a great job. Very creative indeed. Ruts come and go for all of us, that's for sure. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving a comment. It truly brightens my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo