Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Ideas for Old Things

I had these coffee table legs hanging around for forever and I just knew the would be perfect for something interesting sooner or later.


I wanted to do something for Halloween and had seen some lovely creations using table legs....well I love making dolls as it is a happy thing to do and then I got the idea to use these legs to make sweet witches. They are not finished yet but I just had to share today.


I have their little faces sketched in and now for the fun part, deciding hair color etc.
I already have the fabric for their dresses and made adorable hats which I coated with bee's wax. and for the finale they will be wearing stained cheesecloth wraps for the "Witches Ball"!


It took me awhile to decide exactly how to make them and then would they be wearing black or something more festive? The hats are black, but I thought the dresses could be something a little more colorful.
I also decided to pad the shoulder area (as seen on the lady on the right) so the fabric would drape fro the neck in a fashionable way. Then as luck would have it I found the most perfect silver buttons that will make an ideal adornment to hang around their necks.
I want to get them finished this week as I have paintings to catch up on and many more fabulous ideas for Christmas......

To make it all even more perfect to work on these this weekend I found my Jackie Gleason CD's....PERFECT!

12 comments:

  1. Neat idea, can't wait to see them when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS!! I can hardly wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I can't wait to see them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazingly creative! I love your idea for the posts, and I can hardly wait to see how they develop.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, they're so cute. They'll definitely have to be good witches.
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are the most funn idea's yet for me this yr!!! I love them:D
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea,looking forward to seeing them finished. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very talented you are ! I can't wait to see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! Im with everyone else cant wait to see them when they are done Tina!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see these finished! I will be checking in soon....no pressure LOL thank you for stopping by

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHAT A GREAT IDEA AND INESPENSIVE TOO!
    I`M EXCITED TO SEE HOW THEY WILL LOOK LIKE!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative...and a little off the wall....love it! Can't wait to see your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving a comment. It truly brightens my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo