Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Painting


I have found myself being more prolific than even I had expected, but hey go with it it right? This past week I did a painting of an angel that I am really happy with. I love it when things turn out the way I pictured them and this time it did. I had an idea about using Golden gel medium and applying real fabric to the canvas for her dress. First I tea stained the fabric to dull it down a tad and after it had dried I painted a few stylized roses around the neck and shadowed some areas with a thin mixes of mauve and cobalt blue. Of course it is done in acrylic, I have yet to dedicate more time to oils and watercolors, but their time is coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving a comment. It truly brightens my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo