Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn Mood


Today is rainy and cold, cold, cold! And in my mind that leads to thoughts of Halloween, All Saints Day and Mexico's Day of the Dead.

I have always liked the idea of honoring our ancestors, including them in our day to day life in a natural and real way. That led me to thinking of Frida, one of my favorite women. Brave, strong, a free spirit and such an inspiration to any aspiring female artist.
So with that in my heart today I decided to start a series of portraits and who better to start with than Frida! Here is the preliminary sketch on paper. So far I like it! Now to choose the beginning colors and sketch the outline on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and for leaving a comment. It truly brightens my day to read your thoughtful remarks!
Tina xo